Post by SanRoo on Jan 18, 2016 19:44:17 GMT 1
Spaceball League Rules (Season 7 update)
The following rules will be regularly reviewed to ensure that they are meeting the needs of the League. Any changes will be communicated.
Administrators have the final decision in any matter.
- All league players have to be registered on the forum to participate
- Teams have at any time a minimum of 4 players and a maximum of 6 players
- Have respect and fair play with each other and the opponents
- If administrators see any league player breaching the rules, appropriate sanctions will follow
Each team will score points based on the outcome of the match:
- Win (in regular time): 3 points
- Win (in overtime): 2 points
- Lose (in overtime): 1 point
- Lose (regular time): 0 points
League standings sorting is based on (top to bottom):
- Total number of points
- Head-to-head points
- Head-to-head goal difference
- Head-to-Head goals scored
- Overall goal difference
- Overall goals scored
- Note: during season the standings are not sorted using head-to-head, this takes too much time.
- Head-to-head record will be reviewed at the end of the season when teams end with equal amount of points.
- Lag-test / half-time: 1 minute maximum to deal with any connection issues
- Regular: 2 halfs of 7 minutes (14 minutes in total)
- Overtime: If a match is a draw after 14 minutes, golden goal situation will follow to determine winner
- Regular: No score limit, 7 minutes time limit
- Overtime: Score limit 1, no time limit
- Matches are played on the map 'Big Spaceball - SpaceSports.tk (LITE)' or 'Big Spaceball - SpaceSports.tk (FULL)' or 'Big Spaceball v3 by JP'
- Teams exchange red/blue sides after each half and before overtime starts
- Matches will always be played 3 vs 3
- When the host is also playing, the host needs to put a ping handicap ('/handicap') corresponding to the lowest ping of the opposite team or 100 if the lowest ping of the opposite team is higher than 100
- End-time goals only count when the match returns to kick-off
- Each team will play eachother twice during the season
- Caps contact each other to schedule the game.
- A match is allowed to start maximal 15 minutes after the fixed scheduled time. After 15 minutes, the delaying team will receivea delay if they are ready to play.
- Make sure to have a host available at the fixed scheduled times.
- Only the General Manager will be given admin rights to set team colors and make substitutions
- Player substitutions are only allowed after a goal, during half-time or to substitute a lagged player
- When the General Manager is unable to attend the match, he/she should name one of his players as captain for the match
- The General Manager of the team that has won the match will post the match submission. If a match is not submitted after 7 days, the match will be counted as defwin for the team that has lost the match.
Player Trades/Free Agents
- See the rules on trades and free agents here: spacesports.freeforums.net/thread/1152/
- The admin team the power to veto any trade we deem as unfair. It is HIGHLY unlikely this will ever come about, this rule is to protect the parity of the league.
Connection / Ping / Lag / Lag-goals
- Each player is responsible for his own connection
- If there are lag issues, this is either due to:
- Host connection - in this case all players in the room will have lag. Whilst this is not ideal, because all players lag nobody is at an disadvantage.
- Player connection - in this case only the player will have lag. The player must look to resolve his own connection issues and only he is responsible.
- When a player has a first ping higher than 250 or second ping higher than 300, the match is allowed to be paused to resolve the player's lag. Any other lag is not being seen as lag, and is therefore not allowed to pause for.
- Lag-goals: when a goal is scored due to lag, the lagged player must immediately take screenshot(s) of his screen with the following things visible:
- First ping
- Second ping
- Ping graph
If no screenshot(s) is/are send to the administrators, the goal will remain counted. If the screenshot does not show both things, the goal will also remain counted. A goal can only be disallowed when lag is clearly visible on the screenshot. This will be decided by the administrators, either directly in the room (if there is a neutral admin) or after the match.
Breach of Rules / Misconduct / Sanctions
- Remain calm and neutral, do not start provoking before, during or after a match
- No bad language, insults, provocation or distraction during a league match. Any player acting in this manner will be banned from the room instantly, even if playing in the match. Depending on the severity of the offence, the player will also face appropiate sanctions after the match. Sanction: range from a 1-match ban to being banned from the league or forum.
- In-game violations include:
- Continuing to play whilst play has clearly stopped due to a lagged player
- Falsely claiming to lag or being afk in order to gain an unfair advantage
- Kicking/banning a player or taking opposing team's admin rights away during games
- Playing with suspended or banned players
- Playing on a different map than the three stated in these rules
- Pausing a match constantly without a good reason
- Stoppnig a match without a good reasons
- Playing a match with wrong match settings
- Sanction: breach of any of these violations shall be dealt with after the match.
- Leaving the league during a season as General Manager. Sanction: disallowed to play rest of the season and disallowed to be a GM next Spaceball league season.
- Using a fake name or taking a name of another player. Sanction: banned from the league and forum permanently
- Using a macro or other hack. Sanction: banned from the league and forum permanently