Post by Gele on Apr 22, 2015 15:24:38 GMT 1
!! One of new things: lag goals are now only valid with a screenshot, read more about it at connection / ping / lag !!
Please try to stick to these rules, otherwise bad things happen
Spaceball League Rules - Season 4
The following rules will be regularly reviewed to ensure that they are meeting the needs of the League. Any changes will be communicated well in advance to all teams and players.
The League Administrators have the ultimate decision on any matter with regards to the rules.
- All league players have to be registered on the forum to participate
- Each player agrees to a league contract for the duration of 1 season. When released to a new team during a season, a renewed contract will be posted (see Player Transfers)
- Teams have at any time a minimum of 4 players and a maximum of 6 players
- Have respect and fair play with each other and the opponents
- If administrators see any league player breaching these rules, appropriate sanctions will follow (see Breach of Rules)
Each team will score points based on the outcome of the match:
- Win (in regular time): 3 points
- Win (in overtime): 2 points
- Lose (in overtime): 1 point
- Lose (regular time): 0 points
League standings sorting is based on (top to bottom):
- Total number of points
- Head-to-head team record
- Goal difference
- Goals scored
During season the standings are not sorted using head-to-head. This is reviewed at the end of the season if needed.
- Lag-test / half-time: 1 minute maximum to deal with any connection issues
- Regular: 2 halfs of 7 minutes (14 minutes in total)
- Overtime: If a match is a draw after 14 minutes, golden goal situation will follow to determine winner
- Regular: No score limit, 7 minutes time limit
- Overtime: Score limit 1, no time limit
- Matches are played on the map 'Big Spaceball - SpaceSports.tk': www.haxmaps.com/map/3215
- Teams exchange red/blue sides after each half and before overtime starts
- Matches will always be played 3 vs 3
- When the host is also playing, the host needs to put a ping handicap (/handicap) of 100 ping or (when higher than 100 ping) corresponding to the lowest ping in the room
- End-time goals only count when the match returns to kick-off
- Each team will play eachother twice during a season
- Three matches are played each week (monday until sunday)
- When a match is not played before the end of the week and the administrators have not been contacted about this, both teams receive a delay
- When a delay is used, the teams have a maximum of one week to play the match
- Only 1 delay is allowed for each match.
- When a team has more than 5 delays, the team will be reduced in points (first) or expelled from the league (second) if the situation does not improve.
Match delay - valid reasons:
- Not enough players available at the scheduled time or up to 15 minutes after that - opponent team needs to send proof of not enough players at scheduled time to administrators to get delay for the match
- More than 1 delay needed for a match - either 3-0 deflose for one team (one team tried hard to schedule it) or 0-0 deflose (both teams failed in scheduling the match)
- Only captain and co-captain will be given admin rights to set team colors and make substitutions
- Player substitutions are only allowed after a goal, during half-time or to substitute a lagged player
- When a captain is unable to attend the match, the co-captain will be the captain for the match
- Captains arrange the match in time with the captain of the opponent team.
- Make sure to have a host available at the agreed time.
- Have at least four players available to play, in case one of the players has lags and needs to be substituted.
- A match is allowed to start maximal 15 minutes after the agreed schedule time. After 15 minutes, the opponent team may claim a delay of the match for the other team with the administrators. In case of a neutral host, he/she may also decide to close the room after 15 minutes have passed, and the delay going to the team which isn't ready.
- Do not go bitching on the host, the host does this for you to play the match. Take your responsibility as team when there is a problem.
- Remain neutral, do not start provoking when you lose a match.
- Both team captains agree who submits the match with the match submission form. If a match is not submitted after one week, the match will be counted as 0-0 deflose for both teams.
- Players are contracted to their team for a season
- Only the Team Captain can release a player from his team. A player cannot release himself.
- A team player may only play for a maximum of two teams during a season
- If a player feels that he has been unfairly released or wants to be released but the Team Captain doesn't want to release him. They need to contact the administrators, so that it can be investigated.
Connection / Ping / Lag / Lag-goals
- Each player is responsible for his own connection
- If there are lag issues, this is either due to:
- Host connection - in this case all players in the room will have lag. Whilst this is not ideal, because all players lag nobody is at an disadvantage.
- Player connection - in this case only the player will have lag. The player must look to resolve his own connection issues and only he is responsible.
- When a player has a first ping higher than 250, the match is allowed to be paused to resolve the player's lag. Any other lag is not being seen as lag, and is therefore not allowed to pause for.
- Lag-goals: when a goal is scored due to lag, the lagged player must immediately take screenshot(s) of his screen with the following things visible:
- First ping
- Ping graph
If no screenshot(s) is/are send to the administrators, the goal will remain counted. If the screenshot does not show both things, the goal will also remain counted. A goal can only be disallowed when lag is clearly visible on the screenshot. This will be decided by the administrators, either directly in the room (if there is a neutral admin) or after the match.
Breach of Rules / Misconduct / Sanctions
- No bad language, insults, provocation or distraction during a league match. Any player acting in this manner will be banned from the room instantly, even if playing in the match. Depending on the severity of the offence, the player will also face appropiate sanctions after the match. Sanction: range from a 1-match ban to being banned from the league or forum.
- In-game violations include:
- Continuing to play whilst play has clearly stopped due to a lagged player
- Falsely claiming to lag or being afk in order to gain an unfair advantage
- Kicking/banning a player or taking opposing team's admin rights away during games
- Playing with suspended or banned players
- Playing on a different map then the one stated in the rules
- Sanction: breach of any of these violations shall be dealt with after the match.
- Leaving the league during a season as captain or co-captain. Sanction: disallowed to return to play in this season and the next season, and disallowed in any tournaments in this time period.
- Using a fake name or taking a name of another player. Sanction: banned from the league and forum permanently
- Using a macro or other hack. Sanction: banned from the league and forum permanently